Friday, April 15, 2011

What We've Been Up To...

It's really kind of sad when I think of how little we've been up to. We've done the odd fun thing here and there, but my days off are usually spent at home soaking up every minute I can with Claire. Leaving her to go to work has been really difficult for me. I thought it would get easier with time, but it hasn't happened yet. I try to put a positive spin on it; I'm working hard and making the sacrifice to provide for her. It just doesn't do the trick though. Blah. Anyway, this was not meant to be a depressing vent. I've been trying to remember to take lots of pictures, so this may turn into a lengthy post. Just FYI!

We've been reading to Claire for a few weeks now. She's now to the point where she will sit still and somewhat pay attention. I'm sure she doesn't care about the story yet, but will sit and stare at all the illustrations. Every once in a while she'll coo and squeal; I say she's reading along with me. It's so cute. Right now her favorite books are The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Corduroy and Goodnight Moon.





Last weekend we made trip to Houston to vist one of my very best friends, Jillian, and her fiancee, Ford. They're getting married in October, and Devin and I can't wait to be part of their special day! Jill and I have been friends since sophomore year of high school, and now that I live here we see way too little of each other. Of course I totally fail and only took two pictures the whole weekend. And they were of Claire, naturally.

We left for Houston on Thursday night after I got off from work. We stayed the night with Devin's brother Ryan, and his wife Andi. We had a good time hanging out and catching up Thursday night and Friday. They always make me laugh we always have a blast with them. Friday afternoon we headed to Jill and Ford's house. We just sat around and caught up and were gloriously lazy until dinner. The five of us met up with Devin's dad, step-mom, Ryan and Andi, and Devin's half-brother, Nicky and half-sister, Maddie. We had fabulous Mexican food and a great time visiting. Of course Claire was up way late and had a total melt-down in the restaurant. We all made it home and went right to sleep. Saturday morning, Jill's mom, who is very dear to me, came by the house. We got Claire ready and we ladies went shopping for Jillian's veil. She got the perfect one and she looked gorgeous! I can't wait to see the whole ensemble put together. Devin and Ford spent the day at the gun range playing with man toys. They came home happy and sunburnt, and totally fired up for the Zombie Apocolypse. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that Ford and Devin get along so well. Serious bromance going on there, let me tell ya! Saturday night we grilled burgers, put Claire to bed and stayed up playing Mexican Train dominoes. I had never played before, and I loved it! It was so much fun! Sunday we packed up and headed to The Woodlands to see my aunt. We had some more delish Mexican food and spent a few really nice hours at her house catching up. We finally forced ourselves out and made it home just a little past Claire's bed time. We had such a great time and wish we could've seen more of everyone!

Claire discovering herself in the mirror at the bridal salon. Please note the hilarious bald spot on the back of her head. That's where she turns her head back and forth when she's extra tired.


Claire and my aunt. I love this picture. Even though we don't catch up much, I'm very close to my her. We're very much alike and I love her to pieces!


We've taken Claire to a couple of baseball games, which she seems to enjoy. By enjoy I mean there are plenty of new things for her to look at. We went on Tuesday to a game that we got free (amazing) tickets to. It just so happened that one of my very favorite Texas country artists, Josh Abbott, was singing the National Anthem. Thanks to our awesome seats, we got to talk to him for a minute before he performed, and he was nice enough to take some pictures! I've been a huge fan of his for years. He's come a long way and it's really cool to see that his success hasn't gone to his head. Thanks, Josh!




I think that pretty much sums up our life lately! Hope y'all are enjoying this gorgeous weather we've had lately!


No comments:

Post a Comment