Thursday, May 26, 2011

4 Months Old...Almost a Month Late



It's not even a little bit funny how far behind I am on blogging. I can't believe how quickly time is passing. Let's see if I can re-cap Claire's month. At her four month check-up she was 13 lbs., 9 oz. and 25 inches long. She's staying right in the 50th percentile for weight, but she's now in the 75th percentile for length! I'm hoping that means she'll be tall like her daddy. 


Claire had a ton of firsts this month! She's grown so much and it's really amazing to see her experience new things. She's rolling in both directions, but I've only seen her roll belly to back. Devin and his mom have both seen her roll back to belly but she's holding out on me for some reason. She's sleeping in her crib now in her own room. My original plan was to keep her in the pack-n-play in our room for six months. On the weekends that I work, Devin is home with her and he had been putting her down to nap in her crib so she could start to get familiar with it. One day all of her stuff (blankie, sound machine, etc.) were all still in her nursery so on a whim I just decided to put her down in her crib to see how she did. The first night she slept ten hours straight! I don't know if she could sense how close we were when she was in our room or what, but she was waking up several times a night. She let us know she was ready, I guess! Claire usually goes to bed at about 7 and sleeps until 4ish. She comes into bed with us then and sleeps with us after she nurses until it's time to get up for the day. I know we don't want to make sleeping with us a bad habit, but Devin and I both enjoy snuggling with her so much that we're not ready to stop yet. I guess as long as it works for all of us, we'll keep going with it. 


Claire loves her momma and daddy. It's so neat to see her recognize us. She hasn't really gotten stranger danger yet; she does well with just about anybody. But when she sees me or Devin she gets the biggest smile on her face. She's becoming so independent. She'll play by herself in her jumperoo or on her playmat for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. She's really started to show an interest in food lately. When we eat or drink, Claire will watch our every move, and will reach for the cup or bowl. At her check-up we got the go-ahead to start rice cereal. Since there's really no nutritional value, and it's just to practice with spoon feeding, we've opted not to feed it. We've tried putting breastmilk on a spoon for her, but she hasn't lost her tongue-thrust reflex yet, so it all just runs down her face. We'll try again when that goes away, and then at six months we'll start her on solids. 


Claire loves: baths, playing with Mommy and Daddy, being outside, singing Itsy Bitsy Spider, looking at new things, Sophie the giraffe, putting everything she can get her hands on in her mouth, laughing and squealing and the bright lights on the TV. 


She hates being tired, staying on her tummy too long and being cold. There's really not much she just can't stand. 


We're so blessed with such a happy, easy-going baby. She is growing before our eyes and amazes us every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment